Dalmore King Alexander III Highland Single Malt Whisky Singapore is a 700mL Whisky with 40% Alcohol By Volume (ABV) from Scotland sold by Bevbrands Singapore.
The Dalmore King Alexander III is marriage of six different whiskies. It’s made up of Dalmore spirit that’s been matured in:
1) Ex-bourbon casks – fairly standard for whisky maturation
2) Matusalem Oloroso sherry wood – that’s small-batch, enhanced Oloroso sherry casks
3) Madeira barrels – fortified Portuguese wine casks, and fairly uncommon for whisky maturation
4) Marsala casks – Italian wine casks, and again not that common when it comes to storing whisky
5) Port pipes – you see the odd port finish here and there these days
6) Cabernet Sauvignon wine barriques – a famous wine, but not often seen used in whisky maturation
These six differently matured whiskies were then married together by Richard Paterson, High Priest of White & Mackay, to produce a the King Alexander III. It showcases cask curation at its finest; it is the world’s first single malt to create an assemblage of six cask finishes.
Malty and utterly Dalmore. Seville orange zest, Parfait Amour, malty cereal, barley and chocolate. Creamy vanilla fudge, tropical fruit with a vaguely vinous quality.
Medium, rounded. Winter berries, spice, zesty orange. Liqueurs emerge; Grand Marnier, kirsch and Frangelico.
Peppery with well-integrated oak and the claret makes a last minute appearance.
(by The Chaps at Master of Malt)
-International Spirits Challenge – Gold (2020) [Single Malt No Age Statement]
-International Wine & Spirit Competition – Gold (2019) [Scotch Single Malt – Highland]
-International Wine & Spirit Competition – Silver Outstanding (2014) [Scotch Single Malt – Highland]
|Country of Origin||Scotland|
|Bottle Size||700 mL|
|Alcohol By Volume||40% ABV|